It’s Wednesday again. Posting some links to a few blog posts that caught my notice – here is a round up of the better blog posts I’ve found during the past week.
- Because a little self-promotion never killed anyone (okay, it probably has… but never mind), I’m over at Lynda Haviland’s blog for an interview. Although I don’t tell the Hairy Guy story, I do mention the Baseball Player.
- Roni Loren gives an eyeopening lesson on using pictures found on the web to add some splash to a blog post. VERY USEFUL.
- 101 Cookbooks brought a bowl of heaven to my life – Coconut Corn Salad! My new go to lunch.
- Randy Ingermanson covers the bases on what you need to do to make a living as a writer. HINT: It’s not actually all that easy and you have to have the sort of persistence that makes Inspector Javert look like a quitter.
- Druids on In Our Time hosted by Melvyn Bragg – forty or so minutes of fascinating information on these mysterious wise men of Celtic lore.
- Near and dear to my heart – the joys of FanFic; Muffy Morigan writes about FanFic as a writers tool.
- Star Wars Reads Day? Be still my beating heart!!
- Jesus (doing his best Henny Youngman imitation said) please… take my wife! ba dum dum… but seriously… this little bit of parchment has been stirring up all sorts of controversy. Here’s the link to the Harvard Divinity School and the actual translation.
- Writers block… uh… blocking you? Take a bath. It worked for Archimedes.
- The next time someone that’s never written a word in their life, tells you that they think it might be kinda fun and cool to write a book and that might give it a go, point them to the concept of dedicated practice before you thump them on the head with your manuscript.